Borussia Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc says Jadon Sancho will not be joining Manchester United before the transfer window ends on Monday.
Sancho was United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s number one transfer target at the start of the summer.
Dortmund turned down their latest bid earlier this week, having placed a 10 August deadline on a deal being done.
“Everything there is to tell on this matter from our end has already been said,” Zorc said on Friday.
“And that won’t change over the next three days.”
It remains to be seen whether United have one last attempt to change that stance.
However, as Sancho has three years left on his contract and has indicated a willingness to remain in Germany for another season before moving to United, who have already agreed a salary and agents’ fees, Dortmund are evidently in a position of strength.
United sources have told the BBC they are relaxed about the situation and there is no sense of panic at the club despite external pressure building.